Unboxing New Goodies
This month we are celebrating Tahira, one of our lovely Optometrist’s birthdays! Wherever 2023 takes you, we hope it is prosperous and filled with joy! Wishing you a happy birthday and a pleasant year ahead. Love and prayers from the Infocus team.
January is National Glaucoma Awareness Month. Glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness worldwide, so here at Infocus Opticians we wanted to let you know some more about this condition.
Glaucoma – What’s it about?
- Glaucoma is a common eye condition where the optic nerve, which connects the eye to the brain, becomes damaged.
- There are often no warning symptoms.
- Anyone can be at risk for glaucoma. This risk increases with severe myopia, diabetes, high blood pressure, family history of glaucoma, eye surgery or injury.
- Glaucoma is detected with regular eye exams, especially with an OCT scan of your retina.
- There is no cure for glaucoma (yet). Glaucoma is most common in people over the age of 40.
- Regular glaucoma screening can save your vision and preserve your driver’s license.
- Glaucoma has many treatment options, including: eye drops, beta-blockers, surgery and laser therapy.
Early diagnosis and treatment is essential because the damage caused by glaucoma cannot be reversed or repaired. Regular eye exams are incredibly important as our Optometrists can perform several different glaucoma tests, especially if you are at high risk.
Check out the video of Nadeem telling us about one of our bestselling brands – Lindberg.
LINDBERG eyewear is for the sophisticated minimalist, who puts impeccable design and quality above all else.
At Infocus Opticians, we pride ourselves on our unparalleled customer care. From the moment you walk into our practice and meet our friendly staff, through to the comprehensive eye test, you will be treated with care and attention.